Saturday, October 22, 2011

I've Been Bonding

Do you ever go through periods where you just have to bond with a project before you can get started?

That was me this week.

I had this cabinet door that I had painted and prepped to make a sign.  But I just couldn't decide what to put on it.


So...we had to bond for a while.  I knew it had a message but I wan't sure what...
I kept staring into it's eyes...hoping it would tell me...but it was silent.


So, in the mean time, I kept busy.

I played a little tennis with the kids...

I shopped for halloween costumes...


I watched the sunset in my backyard while eating dinner with my family...


I went grocery shopping in a well stocked grocery store...
I drove my kids back and forth to school everyday without incident...
I took my child to a doctor within just an hour of making a call to them...
I worshipped in a church of my choice without being hassled...
I visited with friends...
I played games with my kids...
I had a conference with my children's teachers...
I read a book of my choice on my Kindle...

And all that time, I kept bonding with the board...


(No...I didn't take it with me everywhere... but it was close)

I did so many things during the week that we sometimes take for granted but that we are so blessed to be able to do.  Many people aren't so lucky.

By the end of the week the board and I had bonded enough.  I knew exactly what it wanted to say:





I pray that you are also blessed...


I'm linkin' up to:

10 comments:

  1. Perfect, Fran! There are so many things we do take for granted and we can become lost without them. I think you came up with a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kathy - you came up with the perfect choice. We have so many things and people to be thankful for. I am extra thankful for you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so right! So many things we need to be thankful for...so many things we take for granted...I'm thankful you bonded with that board because it will make many (like me) stop and think of all the wonderful things we need to be thankful for. Oh, and your board is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful choice! It turned out fantastic. We should all give thanks a little more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet message! I think it is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and from the heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fran, love the sign! Its still a tad warm here in the desert, so Stella is just hanging out waiting for her makeover. Hopefully soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sign...thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sign. Just discovered your blog and I love it. I'm a new follower. Hope you stop by and check out my blog. I also have a link party every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, obviously bonding pays off. You couldn't have done a better job. It is fabulous. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all the junk mail senders, I now must enable word verification. My sincere apologies. But if you are a REAL person, I'd love the hear from you!