Friday, October 7, 2011

Where Are the Bats Coming From

Oh My.  It's happened again.  This morning I walked out to my side porch and found -  you guessed it...

MORE BATS!

Remember, I found one here:


And here:


And now, on my side porch.  It was time to investigate! 

But it didn't take too long to figure it out.

All I had to do was walk out the front door and there they were!

They seem to be coming from the mailbox.

Problem is, I can't get the mail box open. 
Yep, it just stopped opening a couple of days ago.
Same thing with the back door.  I went to take out the garbage and boom!  I ran into the door when it should have been opening.  The door knob would turn but the door wouldn't open.

Come to think of it, lots of strange things have been happening since I put up this sign last Saturday.



Hmm.  You know, the icemaker quit working suddenly.  And the doorbell rings sometimes out of the blue but no one is there!

And now, all these bats!




Good thing I'm not superstitious.  Next thing you know the doorbell will ring and there will be little ghosts, goblins and other characters at the door! 



I love October!  It's not only fun...it's beautiful. 

Thank you, God, for your fun and your beauty.

6 comments:

  1. ohmygosh, I love it, and that huge spider too!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations look great, Fran! I love your Haunted House sign! I did actually have that happen to me once. A door was unlocked but I couldn't open it for beans. It was very weird and only happened once. I'm still not sure what my hubby did to fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and funny post. Love the bats, it's great that you have your house decorated so fabulous.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute and fun idea for your front door! Looks like you're all ready for the trick or treaters! Just popping over from the Vintage Inspiration Friday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!!! I still adore that sign...and the bats. Did you make all of them? I need to come to your house and learn some stuff. :-)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all the junk mail senders, I now must enable word verification. My sincere apologies. But if you are a REAL person, I'd love the hear from you!