Thursday, December 1, 2011

Goat Milk Soap Sign

When my brother and his family moved to Georgia a few years back, they began looking for land with several acres to build their dream home which is a beautiful farm house. 

On some of the land, they decided to raise goats.  When we visit, we love to watch and pet the goats.

My children enjoy going with their uncle to milk the goats each day. 

After a few years of milking the goats, my sister-in-law came up with the idea of making goat's milk soap. 

So this year, she took on the task of learning the techniques and I was the lucky recipient of two bars of soap over the thanksgiving holiday.  One of them was scented with lavendar (my favorite) and the other was scented with pumpkin spice.

One day I hope to be able to show you the process of making the goat's milk but I must wait for photos from my neice.

Anyway... when I found out she had taken up this hobby, I decided that my sister-in-law needed a nice big sign to help advertise her soaps just in case she ever decides to sell her soap.  So, I designed a custom sign just for her.

"Mama Hen" is the nick name her grandchildren have given to her so this is what she decided to name her soap.  When my neice told me this, I couldn't decide if I should paint a chicken or a goat on the sign, so I finally decided no animals were required.



I told her if she decides not to sell her soap, maybe she could just hang this on the goat shed.


I mean...not everyone wants a goat milk sign hanging in their house.  But...you know me...I just needed an excuse to make another sign.

I think she liked it :)


5 comments:

  1. I love this sign! What was the technique for painting it? Who doesn't want a goat's milk sign??
    -Jill (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sign...my sister also sells homemade soaps...goat's milk, sheep's milk, regular and sea salt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sign!!! Is so elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable sign, what a great SIL you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job on the sign for your sister-in-law. I know she loves it and is proud to hang it anywhere she chooses. I also really like her lavendar scented soap. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all the junk mail senders, I now must enable word verification. My sincere apologies. But if you are a REAL person, I'd love the hear from you!