Thursday, December 29, 2011

On To the Next Project...

Well, Christmas has come and gone and it is time to get back in the groove of things.  Yesterday, it was a bit cooler here than it had been...about 55 for the low and about 70 for the high.  "Cold" weather always makes me want to just hang out in the house so I spent the day in my jammies while I put away all of the Christmas decorations.

Yup, the house is back in order!

Today, it warmed up all the way to about 72 degrees!  It was a beautiful day, so I decided to go outside and work on my next "big" project. 

When my mom and dad came to visit for Christmas, my dad brought me this:

This bed has special memories for me...



It belonged to my grandparents.  I spent many a day as a child with my legs draped over the end of this footboard.  I would swing around the big posts on the end and tumble all over the matress.  I always thought of this bed as HUGE and through the eyes of a child, I guess it is.

My grandparents had this for as long as I can remember and even when I was a child, I thought it was old.  Well, I guess it is.  I mean, anything with casters must be old, right?



My dad really didn't want to bring this to me.  He thought it was not worth having. 

I agree, it is a bit beat up...



But...oh daddy...you are so wrong.

I'm not finished yet but here is a sneak peek...


I'll admit it...I'm sort of milkin' this project.  I'm having great memories while I'm painting and I really want it to be special. 

I'm pretty sure that when it's all done, it would make Granny proud if she could see it.  Hopefully, it will make Daddy proud at least.

Hopefully, I'll be able to show you the finished product in a few days...but I'm in no hurry on this one.

4 comments:

  1. I know when it is finished it will look wonderful...you are so talented....can't wait to see it...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny the things we remember, Fran? It sounds like you have some happy memories about this footboard. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly imagine that old bedstead being antique white! It has been in Granny and Granddaddy's house as long as I have been in the family, I think. And that is a very long time! I am sure you will make it look great, and yes, your daddy will be proud - as if he weren't already. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant' wait to see the final result....so far, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to all the junk mail senders, I now must enable word verification. My sincere apologies. But if you are a REAL person, I'd love the hear from you!